Top Upstate New York Spring Destinations
1. Catskill Mountains
2. Hudson River Valley
3. Adirondack Mountains
4. Finger Lake Region
Spring in The Catskill Mountains
The Catskill Mountains come to life each spring when the warmer weather returns to the region. Being located along side the Hudson River Valley allows visitors to easily enjoy the best spring time activities in both regions. Whether you are looking for a nature filled escape, a romantic spring getaway, or an adventurous getaway, you will not be disappointed. It is no wonder the Catskills and Hudson Valley are consistently among the top upstate New York spring destinations.
Upstate New York Spring activities for nature lovers.
- Take a Hike – With moderate temperatures and sunny days, spring in upstate New York is a perfect time to take a hike. While there is no shortage of hikes in The Catskills region we recommend finding one of the many hidden gems. The trails located at North and South Lake offer a nice variety of terrain while those at Winter Clove Inn & Resort offer some of the best hidden views in the region.
- Mountain Top Arboretum – Located in Tannersville, NY this 178 acre property is dedicated to maintaining and presenting native plants of the Northeast. The property has an education center and also hosts many events and programs. Learn more.
- Kayak – While the Hudson river is the most well known waterway in upstate NY the area is full of smaller creeks and lakes. What better way to experience the beauty of spring in Upstate New York than by spending a day paddling through the pristine waters.
Spring destinations & activities for a romantic New York getaway.
- Chasing Waterfalls – As the snow melts the waterfalls of Upstate NY come to life. While everyone has heard of Niagara Falls the region is full of lesser known but equally as magical falls. Kaaterskill Falls in Tannersville and Artist Falls in Round Top, NY are both must see. Follow Waterfalls of Upstate NY on instagram for more recommendations.
- Rail Explorer – One of the most unique and memorable spring destinations in upstate NY. Get outdoors and enjoy the natural beauty of the Catskills as you pedal your way along a historic rail road track. Pack a lunch and enjoy breathtaking views of spring in Upstate New York. Catskill Rail Explorer is a must do activity.
- Scenic Skyride – As the ski season comes to an end each spring many of the ski mountains allow visitors to ride their summit chairlifts and take in the scenic views. Hunter Mountain Scenic Skyride provides some of the best views upstate New York has to offer.
Upstate New York Spring activities for adventure seekers.
- Zip Lining – Did you know Upstate New York is home to the tallest, fastest and longest zipline in North America? We are talking zipping 600 feet above the ground at 50+ MPH! New York Zipline Canopy Tours is located in Hunter NY and is open year round making it a must do for your next spring getaway.
- Mountain Biking – Upstate NY has experienced a mountain biking boom in recent years. The creation of many trail networks firmly puts the region on the shortlist for any MTB enthusiast. Whether you are looking for one last snow ride on the fatbike and or getting ready for the summer season Upstate New York is the perfect spring destination for you. The Windham Mountain Bike Park, Round Top Mountain Bike Network and Elmridge Trails offer an impressive variety of terrain.
- Horse Back Riding – Take a step back in time and hit the trails on horseback this spring. Whether you are a newbie looking for an hour long guided trail ride or an experienced rider looking for an overnight camping excursion it is sure to be a thrill.
Bonus: Instagram worthy upstate NY spring destinations
- Kaaterskill Falls – A breathtaking 231′ two tiered waterfall
- Saugertise Lighthouse – Located in the Hudson River providing panoramic views of the Hudson river and Catskill Mountains.
- Lake George – A true gem of the Adirondacks for natural beauty and recreation.
Upstate New York Spring Lodging Destinations
From 5 star hotels to camping and Glamping there are plenty of options for your Upstate New York Spring getaway. The Catskills region is also home too many all inclusive resorts such as Winter Clove Inn & Resort. Here guest are treated to three meals daily, and a wide range of amenities. The resort offers a 9 hole golf course, indoor/outdoor pool, miles of trails, sports courts, bowling alley and more.
Contact us today to plan your Upstate NY spring getaway.